Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an infection in your gum tissue. Gum disease is caused by a range of factors, including plaque buildup within our mouths. If it is not treated properly, gum disease can lead to serious oral health issues.
In its early stages, gum disease occurs as gingivitis. If left untreated, it can lead to periodontitis, and damage to your gums and tooth loss. Do not wait until it is too late, consider the following symptoms of gum disease.
– Do you have chronic bad breath?
– Do you use tobacco or drugs? Both can you at a heightened risk for gum disease
– Have you been neglecting to brush and floss?
– Are you experiencing dry mouth?
– Are your gums receding or pulling back and away from teeth?
– Do your gums bleed easily especially when you brush or floss?
– Are your gums swollen, bruised, excessively red or tender?
– Do you have any loose teeth?
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, Dr. Kenneth Lewis will be happy to help. To schedule an exam and a consultation, call Lewis Family Dentistry in Fayetteville, North Carolina at 910.488.0518. The time is now to make the change you wish to see in your oral health.